Because I can only think in list form right now, that’s how this shall be 🙂
- Last weekend, I had a fair number of contractions (I have Braxton-Hicks early on apparently…18wks with Keaton, 16 with Benjamin 14 or 15 weeks this time…so, nothing new, but I just felt that it was more than I should be having). I put myself on “couch rest” last week (we got lots of new goodies for the boys, planned easy meals/Zach took over meals, etc…) They always stopped with rest, water or a shower, so no real concerns (spoke with the nurse early last week and she agreed with me on all these points & gave me the run down on when to call/come in, what to watch for, etc…)
- After talking more in-depth with my midwife this morning, she isn’t concerned either
- My BP was a tad high, but no swelling/anything else that would indicate problems
- She told me she WAS going to say see you in two weeks, but because of my BP, she wants to see me next week
- We re-checked my BP at the end of my appt., and it was still where it was an hour earlier
- They sprung my Group B Strep test on me (thought that was at the next appt., whatever…it’s over with!)
- We went over my birth plan (which I wouldn’t even call it that, but, that’s what they call it) and she said it was “beautiful and perfect”
- Baby is “very” head down (still)
- She said baby feels a “normal” (???) size but very long, which is what I’ve been saying for awhile now
- Baby was super active and she asked how I got any sleep ;-)*
- We scheduled my next (and LAST) 5 appts…
- I made sure to schedule with the same midwife that I had my appt. with on my EDD with Benjamin – the appt. I never made it to because I had him early that morning 😉 We’ll see if she has the same affect on this baby (except she’s the one I’m praying is on-call when I go into labor…so we have to time this just right) 😉
- We agreed that one more week of “couch rest” would be in the best interest for baby & myself and then, next Tuesday, at 36 weeks, whatever will be, will be….
So, that’s where we stand with Baby Jones #3.
We finally agreed on a girl name – it’s been about 3 weeks and we both still love it, so I think it’s been decided (We had a boy name picked out before BENJAMIN was ever born, ha, so that wasn’t an issue).
We’re planning B’s 2nd birthday party! I can’t WAIT! We’re doing a sock monkey theme and it’s going to be oh-so-cute 🙂
*When I was pregnant with Keaton and was told to do kick counts (where you lay on your side for a bit after eating and time til you feel 10 movements/kicks) I thought it was so odd that it took less than 30 seconds. Of course, I googled this and I kept reading how it would take people 6-10 MINUTES to feel these kicks! I discussed this with my OB and he said some babies are just active. The same thing happened with Benjamin. This time, I don’t even bother with the kick counts because this kid never. stops. moving. If it does, then I just press on my belly and I’ve got another 30 minutes of action…so don’t press on my belly. Please. 😉