- Full blown crawling
- Would still rather stand and cruise
- Saying “mama” all.the.time. 🙂
- Clapping (way earlier than his big brothers. His first documented clap was on May 16 while we were sitting on the deck watching a storm roll in. It thundered. He clapped. Perfection).
- Doing this crazy cough-laugh, and he thinks it is so hysterical, he does it again (wash.rinse.repeat.)
- Eating most things that we eat (with the exception of acidic fruits & veggies and a few other things). He shrieks until he gets what we are having. Sometimes we can trick him 😉
- developing quite the fondness for Benjamin. These two reek of trouble!
- And still making the craziest of faces!
- 12-18month pants/shorts (would need to go to 18 month for the length if it weren’t summery out)
- 12month onesies/shirts
- Still in small cloth diapers (this kid has the tiniest waist!)
- No socks. No shoes. Just like his mama 😉
- to be the center of attention (gets it honest from his daddy) 😉
- being chased (or us chasing him down the hall to keep him out of trouble!)
- playing games (he loves having a block rolled at him, and trying to roll it back to us)
- Being in the Beco carrier, especially on my back while I’m getting stuff done in the kitchen (I love it too, until he drools down my back) 😉
- sleeping & eating
He has a handful of nicknames:
- Sweet boy
- Rotten baby
- Fat baby (even though he isn’t…??)
- Mister Man
I’m thrilled because, by this point with B & K, nursing was over and I was devastated. C is showing no signs of stopping, and for that I’m thrilled. I have people and resources in place and ready to help if he tries to stop or my body thinks it is time and I’m not ready. Mother’s Day weekend was especially stressful, since that was the weekend when B stopped, but we made it through without any indication that stopping is in the near future.
He is my little shadow, following me around from kitchen to laundry room to the boys rooms and back to the living room. He gets super angry if I go too fast or don’t wait up for him 😉
He has 7 teeth. The gum around #8 is sitting there, looking worse and worse everyday, so it is only a matter of time.
While he has yet to sleep all night, he does have a fairly consistent day-time nap schedule, deviating only when we aren’t at home (& then it’s a free for all, as he won’t sleep if we aren’t at home). He typically naps from about 9am-11am, 12:45ishpm-2pm, and sometimes a little catnap around 4pm. Some days it’s 30 minutes earlier, or 30 minutes later, but, he’s fairly consistent, our first to have a self-implemented nap schedule, and it’s weird (the older two had pretty inconsistent nap schedules, but would nap any where, anytime…I think I much preferred that!)
He loves the ladies. Guys are OK. But the ladies. Oh. My. Word.
He is a nosey nelly, and he gets that pretty honest too (my turn.)
We’ve been working on “no, sir” when he goes after the DVD/DVR stuff or heads for the kitchen when it’s still a disaster. 98% of the time, he stops, looks at me, and heads a different direction. You can tell he much prefers the clapping and praise given for the obedience as opposed to the picking up and placing elsewhere 🙂
His favorite song, without a doubt, is “Wheels on the Bus”, but only with hand motions. He will belly laugh for the longest time!
We have his 9 month appt. on Monday morning (along with Keaton’s 4 year appt/pre-school physical), so I will report back with stats then!
Disclaimer: I am choosing to ignore the fact that in 3 months, my baby will be 1 year old. I may or may not be tearing up over this fact as I type it.