Dear Friends & Family,
It is that time of year again when our family joins forces with so many from our church and community to raise support for Pregnancy Support Services of Wake Forest (PSSWF). Once again, we will be walking “4000 Steps” (approximately two miles), rain or shine on April 28th, in support of this amazing organization.
You may be wondering exactly is the mission of PSSWF, and the services provided by the amazing staff. For starters, all services are free and confidential. PSSWF is a non-profit Medical Clinic that supports women and men in making informed choices about their unplanned pregnancies, and then empowers them to choose life. PSSWF seeks to create the desire to perpetuate life and end the perceived need for abortion in our community. PSSWF communicates accurate and truthful information to those affected by an unplanned pregnancy and provides them with physical, emotional and spiritual support.
In summary, PSSWF does the following:
- Provides free pregnancy testing and ultrasounds for early pregnancy diagnosis
- Gives education on fetal development and pregnancy options
- Offers support to enable clients to choose LIFE
- Acts as a STD/STI/HIV testing site for the Wake County Health and Human Services Department
- Offers extensive parenting and life skills programs to clients during pregnancy and throughout the first year of the child’s life
- Offers post-abortion counseling to those dealing with the pain of a past abortion
In 2010, there were 8,160 abortions…JUST in Wake County, North Carolina. For our family, who values life and believes that life begins at conception, this number is heartbreaking.
Some Other Things to Know About Abortion:
- 81% of women who had an abortion said they would have kept their baby if the man was supportive
- 43% of women will have an abortion by the age of 45
- 1 in 4 women in the local church have had at least one abortion
- 1 in 6 abortions are obtained by women identifying themselves as Christians
In order to strengthen our impact in reducing these numbers, our family has decided to up the ante from previous years and is seeking to raise $500! We can only do this with your help!
Sponsoring our family is so simple. All you need to do is click here and choose “Support Terra” beneath our family photo. And, if you choose to make your gift a recurring monthly gift, set up for 2-12 months, a generous supporter of PSSWF will match these donations up to $20,000! Imagine the impact that could be made in and around Wake County with a gift that keeps on giving.
We thank you so much for prayerfully considering sponsoring our family as we walk for life. All donations must be received by April 27, 2012.
If you have any questions, please let me know. I am more than happy to share more about PSSWF with you!
Thank you again,
Zach, Terra, Keaton, Benjamin & Caedmon Jones